J'ADORE 1950's | Populaire (film)

06:01 Emma Chiplin 0 Comments



If you are anything like me and enjoy a cute love story, 1950's fashion, Paris, pretty ladies in lovely frocks, all things vintage, typewriters and a handsome Frenchman you can dribble over, then this is the film for you! It's quirky, quaint, funny, artistic and made me feel all warm when I left the cinema.  It reminded me of a story grandparents might tell their grandchildren of how they fell in love, I cannot recommend it enough. 


The costumes in the film are wonderful, with cute two pieces and fabulous dresses.  I love Rose's hair bow in this scene.  


*Sigh* Oh Paris 


The chemistry between these two is magic.  


Deborah Francois is a delight.  She is funny and smart in her performance of the ditzy and loveable Rose Pamphyl.  This is such a great female part and Deborah caries the lead with ingenuity and charm. 


Now I'm off to learn french and move to Paris so Romain Duris can fall in love with me. 

Emma xx






0 comments: